Trump thinks over response to Iran's missile attacks

Поделиться:

 

U.S. President Donald Trump is considering options for responding to Iran’s missile strikes at US military bases in Iraq, Fox News reported.

Earlier, White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said the president had a meeting with his national security team. According to media reports, it was attended by Vice President Mike Pence, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper.

However, as reported, it was decided to postpone Trump's appeal to the nation, which, judging by media reports, had previously been planned.

Observers note that perhaps this is due to the fact that a decision on the appropriate action has not yet been taken.

At the same time, as the FARS Iranian news agency reported, Iran warned that if Washington took any action in response to missile attacks on US military bases, then "it will face even more painful and destructive attacks."

The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) reported on Wednesday night that missile strikes had been launched on American military bases in Iraq, an action called “Martyr Suleymani” was carried out in response to the death on January 3 of Iraq’s military commander Kassem Suleymani in Iraq the result of a special operation by the US military.

Pentagon assistant chief Jonathan Hoffman has confirmed that Iran launched missile strikes on US military bases in Iraq on Wednesday night.

He noted that "at about 17:30 Iran launched more than 10 ballistic missiles at US military bases and the coalition in Iraq."

He noted that "it is clear that the launch of rockets was carried out from Iran."

The attacks, he said, were inflicted on bases in al-Assadi and Erbil, where US Air Force and coalition personnel are stationed.

According to Fox News, which cites preliminary information received from the US military from Baghdad, there are no casualties among Americans as a result of the strikes.

2018 OneNews.All rights reserved. Website design and development SeoMarik |